Tips to Maintain Your Teeth White
A smile can define as like a person and say more than a thousand words. Therefore, white teeth can sometimes be the key to success. Here is what you can do to have white, beautiful and healthy teeth:
- Vitamins and minerals prevent yellowing teeth. Eat as many foods that contain vitamins and minerals such as vegetables and fruits
- Do not brush your teeth aggressively because enamel can be removed and dentin which is dark will be exposed
- If you do not like brushing your teeth regularly try to use an electric toothbrush. Could be easier for you
- Brush your teeth every day and learn how to brush teeth correctly. Brushing your teeth should last at least three minutes.
- Spinach, lettuce and broccoli are excellent foods to prevent tooth stains. When these foods are consumed they act as a barrier to other substances that can stain your teeth, such as coffee, red wine, chocolate and cigarettes.
- Milk after each meal can help keep your teeth white. It neutralizes acids in other foods, preventing tooth staining.
- Use mouthwash and brush your teeth after every meal. This will remove food debris.
- Try to smoke less. Tobacco is one of the main reasons that cause tooth stains. The electronic cigarette is the perfect alternative to traditional smoking and does not stain teeth
- Watch out to eat bread or pasta. Processed carbohydrates are the cause of bacterial plaque that causes bad breath.
- Use baking soda. Mix baking soda with mouthwash until you get a paste with the consistency of a toothpaste. Rub with this paste until the stains are removed and then rinse with mouthwash. This can be used as a natural alternative to bleaching strips. However, do not expect to have whiter teeth than those who use bleaching kits.
- Apples, carrots and celery will clean your teeth just chewing. They work as a cleaner for teeth. Apple is a fruit that can whiten teeth without affecting tooth enamel.
- Use dental floss! One of the reasons of tooth stains is food debris between teeth. After every meal, do not leave food debris between teeth. Rinse often.
- Use a straw when drinking coffee or tea. Thus you will protect your teeth from stains caused by these drinks.
- Go to the dentist. Scaling and professional cleaning should be performed at least once a year.
- Coffee is the main reason when it comes to staining of enamel. If you drink more cups per day, the effect is multiplied.
- At the dentist, teeth whitening can be done in one session. Use a solution of hydrogen peroxide and your teeth will be white with 3 or 4 shades
- Soft drinks and fruit juices contain acids that are dangerous to your tooth\\\’s surface, sometimes causing irreversible damage. Saliva is the natural protection of the mouth. Therefore, you should keep your mouth hydrated and drink enough water.